The Coming War - Call to arms!

Live Discussion

This is a live discussion for both members and guests. Please no soliciting, sharing of personal information, or obscenity. The latest replies are at the top.
EnochWalked: edition.cnn.com/2024/06/20/business/ai-jobs-workers-replacing/index.html "More than half (61%) of large US firms plan to use AI within the next year to automate tasks previously done by employees". The future doesn't seem to need humans at all. Jun 21, 2024 0:31:03 GMT -6
EnochWalked: The book of Revelation tells us from the outset that it is a prophecy about the future: "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass" so it's important that 70 AD was John's past Jun 21, 2024 0:29:48 GMT -6
EnochWalked: @natalie, I think it is all right to laugh, as long as you are laughing in celebration with our brother Antipas, who is already in Paradise with our Lord. May we live lives that are as bold as his. I agree that the 92 AD date could have big implications. Jun 21, 2024 0:26:34 GMT -6
Natalie: Oh! I saw a post on Facebook of someone claiming that Rev was written before 70 AD, but if Antipas wasn't killed until 92 then this shows it was written much later! Jun 20, 2024 18:16:47 GMT -6
Natalie: We are reading through the letters to the churches at our church. I think I remember about Antipas but had forgotten. Jun 20, 2024 15:42:10 GMT -6
Natalie: Is it bad that your comment made me laugh out loud? (rofl) Jun 20, 2024 15:41:02 GMT -6
EnochWalked: According to tradition, in the year 92 Saint Antipas, the first bishop of Pergamum (ordained by John the Apostle), was burnt alive (by pagan cultists) in a brazen bull-like incense burner. You know what they say: "Red bull gives you wings". 8-) Jun 19, 2024 20:45:36 GMT -6
EnochWalked: "I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth." Jun 19, 2024 20:42:36 GMT -6
EnochWalked: I looked into that interesting family name, and discovered that the word "parchment" comes from the name of the location Pergamum in Anatolia (modern day Turkey), where the writing material was first produced. That location is also mentioned in Revelation. Jun 19, 2024 20:42:10 GMT -6
EnochWalked: Here's a space detail I missed from earlier this month: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_07 This was the 7th and final launch of the "Unity" spacecraft. The passengers included a Turkish man and an Israeli citizen, Irving (Yitzhak) Pergament. Jun 19, 2024 20:38:45 GMT -6
EnochWalked: The earliest this could go through is after fresh elections in Israel, and probably before the US elections. That leaves a limited window in which to get this signed, but I think the agreement is already done behind the scenes. Only Netanyahu blocks it. Jun 19, 2024 17:52:37 GMT -6
EnochWalked: That would set the stage for mutual recognition between Israel and Palestine, conditioned on a period of long term occupation by an international force. Maybe that would have a probationary 7 year period at the start (the length of an Israeli presidency). Jun 19, 2024 17:50:53 GMT -6
EnochWalked: I think the goal is just to remove Iranian influence from Gaza, and then maybe Fatah could risk holding an election (with Arab observers, but not particularly free and fair) where they would win combined control of all of "Palestine". A mandate for peace? Jun 19, 2024 17:47:56 GMT -6
EnochWalked: "the force will not operate within residential areas, and its role will be organizational until a Palestinian administration takes control of the situation in the strip." We'll see. What if the West Bank want Arab troops to protect them from settlers? Jun 19, 2024 17:44:12 GMT -6
EnochWalked: www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-806852 "Egypt agrees to form Arab security force in Gaza after Israel-Hamas War" "generals from the United States, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt to discuss regional security" Jun 19, 2024 17:42:38 GMT -6
EnochWalked: It looks like Ilya Sutskever (who was forced out of OpenAI by Sam Altman) has announced his new venture: ssi.inc/ "We are an American company with offices in Palo Alto and Tel Aviv". They plan to make a superintelligent (omnipotent?) AI. Jun 19, 2024 12:30:48 GMT -6
EnochWalked: thehill.com/policy/technology/4727047-artificial-intelligence-holocaust-history/ "UN agency warns AI could spawn Holocaust denial surge". It could also cover up future crimes and conspiracies, like the truth behind the Rapture, and "aliens". Jun 18, 2024 18:05:34 GMT -6
EnochWalked: www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-investigates-suspected-beheading-soldier-by-russia-prosecutors-say-2024-06-18/ "Russian forces in Donetsk ... had ordered their subordinates not to capture Ukrainian servicemen and to behead them" Jun 18, 2024 18:01:16 GMT -6
EnochWalked: Maybe the verse has nothing to do with spacecraft (or at least not human-made spacecraft), but my point is that in a few years this technology will become mundane, so it won't attract a crowd any more, or be seen as a miraculous sign. Time is running out. Jun 18, 2024 15:58:24 GMT -6
EnochWalked: I don't think any nation or private company has ever tried catching a rocket mid-air before. This could be a fulfilment of Revelation 13:13. That verse says "in the sight of men", but doesn't mention that the fiery object is transporting people. Jun 18, 2024 15:55:33 GMT -6
Chat as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Send Cancel