Very interesting article. Here is that group's webpage-- makes my skin crawl with the godlessness of it:medium.com/we-are-not-alone-the-disclosure-lobby
Here's what I wrote tonight for my Facebook prophecy page (I didn't reference this article, just made a general statement):
Please hear me out. I need to address something that needs to be discussed, but if I'm not careful, I'll be misunderstood.
The issue is with the concept of UFO's and space aliens. The answer is NO I do not believe in them--at least not in the way that people out there in the world believe in them. But theres a big problem. More and more people are seeing, or claiming to see UFO's, even people I know personally. I have even seen things myself I cannot explain. So yes, I do believe there is something going on. But not what most UFO believing-people would tell you.
The Bible says in II Thessalonians 2:11, that in the end times, God will send a "strong delusion" that people will believe a lie. Notice God does not tell the lie, but he sends the strong delusion, resulting that people believe the lie.
When the Rapture occurs and millions of people go missing, those remaining will need an explanation, and Satan and his entourage will have a ready answer-- a lie. I believe they are already telling this lie today-- the lie that outer space aliens are abducting people and interfering with life on earth, for one reason or another.
Now I think, what makes this lie so terrible, is that it is partly true. We are told by UFO-believing people that extraterrestrial beings are extremely intelligent, powerful, and ambitious, and that they are (and have been) interfering with life on earth as we know it. We are told that the truth is being suppressed to keep people from panicking, or because of certain vested interests-- organized religion being one set of vested interests that cannot afford to compete with space aliens for the perception of reality in the earth's population.
This is almost, and very partially, true. Here's the truth, as found in the Bible:
1. There are superintelligent non-human life forms in the universe. Generally, in the Bible these are referred to as angels (and God).
2. Some of these beings do not have mankind's best interests at heart-- namely Satan and his fallen angels.
3. Satan and his fallen angels are very powerful, and can perform many lying signs and wonders.
4. Based on Bible prophecy, there is very shortly coming a time when Satan and his pack of villainous fallen angels will be forced out of the heavenly realm and be concentrated on earth. At this time (we call it the Tribulation) Satan will be highly motivated to pull out all the stops to fight against God and His people.
5. Since fallen angles are very powerful, it is very likely that they can appear to mankind in most any form they choose, including little grey spacemen.
6. Closely linked with the cult philosophy of UFO's and aliens is the concept of evolution and atheism. The idea that religious phenomena could be explained away by intelligent space alien interference-- and that earthly religions as we know them are "false and unnecessary" is a strong part of Satan's lie.
7. It would be very very easy for Satan to set up a false narrative where his "aliens" are the good ones who want great things for human beings, wheras in his opinion, the "evil aliens" are the ones who abducted millions of people from around the world and are causing all the following tribulation tragedies to occur. Thus setting it up as a battle between two kinds, species, or parties of aliens, instead of Satan and his bad angels against God and His good angels.
So we see how Satan could easily spin this lie to explain the unexplainable, to explain away the horrific events, and to stir up the people of the earth against his arch-enemy-- Jesus Christ.
Don't be deceived. Believe what your Bible says.